Toxic Joint or transient synovitis is a temporary condition. This causes pain and inflammation of a joint. It causes pain almost always in the hip. It usually affects children. Symptoms can start quite suddenly but toxic synovitis typically completely clears up within 1–2 weeks.
In certain cases, the pain lasts as long as 5 weeks. However, generally, it does not cause any long-term complications. For a noninvasive and drug-free solution, contact us.
The most common symptom is sudden pain in the hip or leg. The pain typically causes walking difficulties. Other symptoms of toxic joints include walking on tiptoes, unintentionally turning the legs out, crying (in young children), a low-grade fever, hip discomfort after sitting or resting for a long time, and many others.
This problem is pretty much common in children but this may also occur in adults. Adult cases are quite rare and are not well documented. These adults may develop septic arthritis that can be confused with toxic synovitis. However, this condition is caused by bacterial infection, and if left untreated, this can cause permanent damage.
Doctors are still not certain about the exact cause of toxic synovitis. However, it often occurs after a viral infection. Because of this, it is suspected that the immune system of the child creates something during fighting the infection that causes toxic synovitis. At Medano Medical Spa, we use advanced devices to treat this condition. These devices use Red light and infrared light to reduce pain in the muscles and joints and increase blood circulation. Stimulating regeneration and better blood circulation relieve pain more efficiently. Contact us to know more or to book a service.